Carmel Sheppard Family Engagement CLC Mini-Grant
About the Grant
Carmel Sheppard was passionate about equity in academic and social experiences for all students and their families. She was committed to increasing success and graduation opportunities for her students and the caring involvement of adults in students' lives. Carmel embraced every adult as a partner in student success. She was a true champion of all children. To continue Carmel Sheppard's legacy, the Foundation and the Lincoln Community Learning Centers have developed mini-grant opportunities to support the Community Response and Family Engagement efforts through the CLCs.
Applying for Funds
Application Open: October 2nd, 2023 - December 15th, 2023
Award Amount: Up to $1,500
Criteria: The proposed grants will support opportunities for family engagement that are linked to learning, build capacity of all family members and promote opportunities for connection and sense of belonging. The grant is designed to provide funding for new or expanded family engagement opportunities that build protective factors of families.
- The site will have demonstrated capacity to implement the proposal
- The proposal will clearly articulate how the six protective factors listed below are being addressed, in order to help families build their capacity in knowledge of:
- parenting & child development
- parental resiliency
- social connections
- concrete supports
- nurturing and attachment with their children
- The proposed family engagement opportunities are linked to learning, build capacity and are developmental in nature
- A plan for sustained family engagement and leadership is outlined
- A plan for evaluation of key outcomes is provided
- A detailed budget is outlined
Selection Process: Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee consisting of the CLC Director, a member of the CLC Leadership Team, a representative from Carmel Sheppard Estate and the Foundation Lincoln Public Schools President.