Sawin Soul Work Award Nomination
The Sawin Soul Work Award, named in Carroll's honor, is to be given to an LPS Administrator (non-principal) who strives to support teaching and learning to create a world class school district. Carroll Sawin believed that the work of the school district administration was "Soul Work." He came to work every day leading with his heart and soul to make decisions that would best serve the educational needs of students. He understood that this was difficult work, and often took reflection, determination, compromise and keen listening skills.
Selection of the award recipient will be based on outstanding leadership or potential for leadership as determined by:
- The administrator must have served LPS in some capacity for at least 5 years.
- Must be a current LPS administrator.
- Successfully lead initiatives that have improved the school district's ability to serve students.
- Show commitment to personal and professional development.
- Support the development of their teams.
- Demonstrate advocacy for supporting ALL students who enroll in public schools.
- Lead others to achieve their personal best.