About the Award
The Mike Troester Outstanding Educator Award is a means of recognizing outstanding educators at Southeast High School. The award was created through the joint efforts of Junior Achievement, the Lincoln Southeast Student Council, and PTSO in memory of Mike Troester, former Economics teacher at Southeast.
Applying for the Award
Application Timeline: Opens early April and closes late April
Award Amount: $450
Criteria: Lincoln Public School educators at Southeast High School. Selection of the award recipient is based on qualities displayed by Mike Troester during his teaching tenure:
- Lifetime commitment to teaching
- Fair treatment of all students
- Approachable and kind to all students
- Encouraged students to “go the extra mile”
- Use of outside resources and new approaches to old material in the classroom
- Encouraged both veteran teachers and new staff
- True educator, sharing his abilities with faculty and students
Nominating Process: Nominations may be submitted in early April, by any individual or group, to the Lincoln Southeast main office. Self-nominations are accepted. No online nomination form. Please mail name of nominee to the Lincoln Southeast main office, 2930 S. 37th Street, Lincoln, NE 68506.
Selection Process: Lincoln Southeast High School committee and approved by the Foundation for Lincoln Public Schools. The Mike Troester Award recipient will be announced at the LSE senior scholarships presentation in May.